Tuesday, October 11, 2005

What I was going to write...

...was how work is a great black festering hole of despair, but it's not very positive sounding, is it?

And then I was going to whine about how I didn't get any turkey for Thanksgiving day, but you know what?

Instead, I'll be thankful that I have a cozy apartment, two fat cats, dear dear friends, a sister who practiced Reiki on my sore wrist (and now it feels better), a mother I adore (her CT scan came back normal, hooray!), a car that I can afford to insure, perfect health, a good brain (stop the guffawing over there), and a sunny day today.

And anyway,turkey is overrated!

7 comments:

freethoughtguy said...

At least you won't be eating turkey leftovers for weeks!

blackcrag said...

(guffaw, guffaw) O, what wasn't I supposed to guffaw about again?

That sounds like a good list to be thankful for, Tai.

Just for the record, the sun is out, there are blue skies above, and I'm thinking its back to shorts weather over here. So I'm thankful for that.

O, and I had turkey yesterday, too.

Pol* said...

I didn't get turkey either,,, no biggy. HOORAH! For your mommy!I am so relieved! I am thankful for YOU!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Mom!
Yay for Tai!



oh, yay for turkey, too (it was good)

Anonymous said...

Turkey is overrated... stuffing, however, is pure ambrosia.

Happy Thanksgiving, Tai! Yay for Tai's mom!

Spider Girl said...

Hurrah for all those good things, Tai!

Especially about your mommy. :)

And me, I had wild salmon and salads for Thanksgiving! Turkeys everywhere..breathing a sigh of relief for all those of us who abstained.

M. Santos said...

Good for you and a positive outlook!
no need for a special day of thanks in my house- every day I wake up and I ain't dead is pretty darn good for a guy who's lived like I did-