Friday, October 21, 2005

Oh Gil.

We had a horrible accident today at work.

One of the older men I work with (he's 67), had a terrible fall and literally cracked his head open on the concrete floor of the warehouse.

He was doing something he shouldn't have been, climbing unsafely on his forklift in order to get something down from a height, (to help ME, I might add, though I didn't ask him to do it in that manner).

And he slipped, and he fell.

I called 911, a fire truck and an ambulance arrived to find him suffering from arterial bleeding.

Later we found out (his wife called in and kept us up to date on his status), that he is also experiencing internal bleeding of the head and he's broken some ribs, too.

He's almost 70.

Oh Gil...please come back to work soon.

I miss you, and I feel so bad that it was in doing something for me that you hurt yourself so badly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Tai. I'm sure Gil is gonna be alright.

Michelle said...

How awful, i hope he is going to be ok. And no, its not your fault, please dont feel guilty about this. Keep us posted on his recovery....

Spider Girl said...

I hope he's okay, Tai.