Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Update on the attitude adjustment.

Ah, success.
Imagine a drizzly Vancouver day, grey clouds and lots of traffic.

And imagine a young women who has come to a complete stop in an uncongested lane directly ahead of me.

I sit behind her, watching her crane her neck in an extended shoulder check watching the traffic to her left waiting for a moment to switch over.

And she's at a full stop, no traffic ahead of her, and a lane that continues for at least 2 more blocks before parked cars would ever force her over.

And I just sit. Full stop. No honking or gesticulating. Hoping that she eventually feels safe enough to merge into the other lane.

On the other hand, I was to tired to do much BUT sit there.

But it's a start, right?

2 comments:

Spider Girl said...

Actually, darling, that's a fairly significant start. I'm proud of you.

Remember what that Buddhist monk said: "You don't have to accept the cup of tea."

Remember when I told you that story? If not, just remember we still love you even when you're a gesticulating horn-honking barracuda on the road. :)

Tai said...

I do, Spider, I do remember that story.
In fact, I consciously remember that story often...it's been VERY useful to me, and I thank you AND the Buddhist Monk for sharing it!