Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Behavior modification.

I'm doing my best to be a calmer, more gentler Tai, I really am!

My friends may laugh and point, but I'm determined to stop flying into a rage at the drop of a hat.
No more unnecessary frothing at the mouth or scratching at my own eyeballs out of unmitigated frustration.

So the next time some one cuts me off in traffic when the roads have been freshly washed with enough rain to bring up a nice slick of oil, and I have to slam on the brakes and fear that'll I slide into them, I'll just give them a friendly wave and wish them a safe journey.

Or when a customer calls me on the phone, unjustly accusing me of not doing my job properly, suggesting, in fact, that I've erred when it's their own screw up that's caused the mishap, I'll say to them warmly, "I'm sorry you feel that way."

Yup, you just watch me.

But this...this will be the true test.

At the grocery store when someone rams their cart into my innocent heels over and over and over, drawing blood, I swear, I'll just smile and nod.
I might even ask if I can move out of their way to accommodate their rush up and down the aisles!

Now, I know what you're thinking.
Not very pirate like behaviour, really.
Quite unbecoming to any swashbuckling maid, you might say.

HOWEVER, I have this to rebut with.
I AM a Gemini.
My other personality will MORE than make up for any fearsome behavior that I might be lacking in my 'functioning in the real world daily persona'.

After all.
I have a certain blood thirsty image to uphold, now don't I.

4 comments:

Tai said...

It's hard to say Bill...I've wanted to be a pirate since I was little.
To heck with being a bride and a mommy for this 6 year old girl!
Oddly enough, I'm not all the fond of the open ocean.
Ah well, that's what a rich 'inner-life' is for, to live all the dreams that can't possibly be.
I also wanted to run around Sherwood forest with a bow and arrow...but...I think they chopped that part of England down by now.

Anonymous said...

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen you on a boat, Tai.... except for the time we plotted to take over a particular BC ferry vessel, and sail the waters of Georgia Strait, pillaging madly.

But that plan fell through, foiled by a charming bunch of guys from Winnipeg. The BC ferry corperation doesn't know how lucky it is.

Spider Girl said...

Yarr! And she's been known to download music without mercy!

She IS the Pirate Queen, Bill. On so many levels. But, really, she's lovely, and really suits her Jolly Roger bandanna that I picked out for her.

Pol* said...

What!? A kinder gentler Tai? My sense of reality is crumbling, not more wrestling matches over pudding? No more flurries of Iltalian profanities to passers by? You know what.... I think I will be fine wit a gentler Tai, honestly! I love you no matter what your temperment and that's the truth.