Tuesday, September 20, 2005

um...Pardon?

“Hey,” my friend Chris said after I arrived in Victoria, “We should go to the meatery.”

“A meatery?” I questioned, puzzled.

“Yes, the meatery in Sooke.”

“Ummm,” I pondered that for a moment, desperately trying to understand what he was saying, but I couldn’t quite.
“Is there any special reason you want to take me to an abattoir?” I queried, suddenly nervous.

“No, no.” He laughed, “A MEADERY.”

“Yeah, as if that makes MORE sense.” I tossed back.

“You know, a place where they make mead.”

“OH!!” I reflected on that for a moment.
“Okay. Let’s go.”

If there’s one thing I like, it’s mead.*






*I mean, I like meat too, but I don't know if I really want to go to a meatery...or an abattoir for that matter.

1 comment:

Spider Girl said...

Well, you HAVE known Christopher for sixteen years or so...maybe you're running out of places to go for casual dates? :)