Wednesday, September 07, 2005

CREMATION, INTERMENT AND FUNERAL SERVICES ACT

After poking around in the British Columbia funeral restrictions information I found this little gem.

Prohibition on sales, and offers of sale, of
arrangements relating to cryonics and irradiation


14 A person must not offer for sale, or sell, an arrangement for the preservation or storage of human remains that is based on

(a) cryonics,

(b) irradiation, or

(c) any other means of preservation or storage, by whatever name called,

and that is offered, or sold, on the expectation of the resuscitation of human remains at a future time


Well, there goes MY hope of making a nice little nest egg for myself!
I had space in the freezer set aside and everything!

1 comment:

Tai said...

Don't worry Bill, for the low low one time price of $75,000, I have space set aside for you.
(just don't call the B.C. Funeral Act on me!)