Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Ubiquitous.

This post will contain certain amounts of randomness and some sheer pointlessness as well.
And just so you know, so there's no mistake, there will be absolutely no rhyme or reason to it, no structure, and no obvious time line to follow.

----------------------------------------

I saw a man the other day, possessed of the most astounding collection of ear hair I have ever seen, or ever hope to (never) see again.
The exterior of his ear, (the round part just above the ear lobe) was thick with a cactus-like growth of black prickles sprouting densely outward, seeking the sun.
Then, there were the long, curly tendrils of inner-ear hair, bushy and circling around the dark hole leading to his brain.

It was a veritable pelt! His ear (I only saw the one) was truly hirsute!

I paused in my reflection of this astounding collection of furze, to wonder if some of those hairs could grow long enough to spiral in around his brain stem and do some serious damage.
He didn’t seen to notice my astonishment and revulsion, but then, the jazz music we were listening was very good.

----------------------------------------

I’ve become very talented at paper shuffling since Vancouver is currently experiencing a trucking strike.
My job is dependent on container shipping, as no containers are being moved due to no trucks driving them to our facility, I have very little to do.
Well, you might say, you could clean and file and update records.
Uh…no.
You see, when I actually do have something to do, I’m very efficient at it, so I’m not behind.
Ah, but your co-workers, you press on.
They’re in the same boat, so to speak.
Thus, I blog and blog with relative impunity.
And I am happy.
I can’t actually LEAVE for the day, anyway.
But that isn’t so bad, the weather here in Vancouver has been dodgy at best (it’s only July, after all), so I'm better off at my desk, warm and dry and happily blogging.

----------------------------------------

I cleaned my apartment yesterday, not quite from top to bottom, but as close as I ever get to it.
I cranked up some old school Arrowsmith (I know, I know, even their modern stuff is already ‘old school’) and rocked out to “Dude Looks Like a Lady” while scrubbing my toilet.

I wonder what the neighbours think when I do that?
Normally I’m an extremely quiet person, listening sedately to chamber music whilst making a healthy dinner for myself to enjoy while watching documentaries I’ve rented from the library.
(OMG. It’s true! I really DO do that. Oh, what you must think of me!
Oh well, at least I don’t also have several cats that curl around my legs while I eat my dinner at the coffee ta... NEVERMIND!)

----------------------------------------

UBIQUITOUS.
It’s a word that just doesn’t get used enough in everyday conversation.
Really.
It ought to be used till it, too, is ubiquitous.

----------------------------------------

AND...I have nothing else to say at this time.
Stay tuned!
If this strike doesn’t end soon, you may see more of this random gibberish by yours truly.

Signing off now before it gets really bad,
Tai the Inane

No comments: