Friday, July 22, 2005

This work thing is interrupting PRIME blogging time.

I knew that was going to happen!
Ah well, I promise to blog as often as I can, and as well as I can.

Luckily, nothing of interest has occurred this week, so I don't feel as if I'm leaving you, gentle reader, out in the dark on my (at the moment) less than fascinating life!

Oh, I just forgot!
I did go to the Vancouver Art Gallery last night, to see the Rodin exhibit.

I saw some of his works at the Musee Rodin in Paris a few years ago, but unfortunately, the employees were on strike while I was there, and the museum was closed.
I got to see very little besides the gardens and some of the statues on permanent display there.
The gardens were beautiful, as was the exterior of the Hotel Biron, but I could little more than press my nose up against the glass in a vain attempt to see the wonders inside.

I was very glad that the Gallery had a presentation of his works, as Rodin is a wonder.

His sculptures stand effortlessly in space, the delicate ones looking so airy and light that any moment they may be whisked away by the slightest breeze.
His more forceful statues takes up room in a fierce, concentrated energy...there is no mistaking the intent.

Here's a good, accurate quote...
"His great individual figures and best monuments reveal a depth of feeling for humanity and a nobility of thought that place them among the finest works of European sculpture."

Michelangelo had marble, but Rodin has bronze.
And it's wonderful.

No comments: