Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I didn't know that 'glass-gazing' was a bad thing...

I’m such a lucky girl!
First Danny gives me a fine Italian phrase book from the Lonely Planet.
(Yes, 'Vanne, it includes ALL the ‘indelicate’ terms.
*nudge nudge* *wink wink*
I'll be cursing up an Italian storm, believe you me!)

Oh, I do love my phrase book…it’s so VERY informative…molto grazie Danny!

Mi sento fortunatissima!

And then…
Another great bequeathing!

Another book!!

And not just ANY book, but a timely and perfectly given book.
“Shakespeares’s Insults: Educating Your Wit”

Oh, many, many thanks Chris…and the inscription…so eloquent!

May I quote you?
Yes, I believe I will.
“Knowledge is idle when trapped on a bookshelf.”
Oh, yes, you’re are ever so correct, and your gift ever so appreciated!

And here’s a fine insult from “As You Like It”:

“I do frown on thee with all my heart,
And if mine eyes can wound, now let them kill thee.”

Ah, I love insults that have real bite to them.
None of this, "You suck" here, oh no, this has depth and sting...

"You are a knave, a rascal, an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking, whoreson, glass-gazing, super-serviceable, finical rouge; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good sevice, and are nothing but the compostion of a knave, beggar, coward, pander and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining if thou deni'st the least syllable of thy addition!"

Ouch.

1 comment:

Tai said...

Well, I'd hate to leave the ever important knowledge of foreign swear words less than complete...
(just don't tell anyone I told you!)

According to the "Lonely Planet",
Vaffanculo

Va fan koo lo (emphasis on the koo), and you know, I've actually had call to use it!
What fun!