Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A dearth of intellectual stimuli here at work.

I went and saw the "Hitchhikers Guide" last night.
Very enjoyable, but I concur with most reviews that if you haven't read the book(s), you'd probably be confused and not very amused.
However, being a fan of the books, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Thought they did a bang up job, in fact, so cheers to them!

However, I sooo wanted to chat with my co workers about it today, until I realized (sadly) that NO ONE I work with would have the faintest idea what I was talking about.
If I was to discuss the "O.C." or something, I'd have people to talk with, but not on this topic.

That makes me sad.

On a good note though, I went to the "Teen Angst Poetry" reading at the Media Club on Sunday here in Vancouver...just brilliant, of course!

Check it out, and pay special attention to the fine angsty poems by our own dear friend, Ms. K. Bannerman!
It's not quite Vogon class, but then, I think we can be thankful for that.

http://www.teenangstpoetry.com/

No comments: