Sunday, May 29, 2005

Ah, Vancouver drivers.

Late the other night, my friends and I were sitting outside enjoying some gelato.
I happened to glance up and I noticed someone trying to parallel park in front of my car. I could just TELL he had no idea what he was doing.
I pointed this out to our little group, "Hey, that guy is going to hit my car...watch."
And sure enough, as everyone turned to look, he backed into to my car.
Then, he finished parking, got out of his vehicle glanced minorly at my bumper and really didn't appear to be about to do the right thing by leaving a note for me.
Jennye and I strode over, I whipped out my handy dandy mini note book and said, "You just hit my car, weren't you going to leave a note?"
"Uh...there's not THAT much damage" He replied.
"That's not really the point, is it?" I snapped back, jotting down his license number, make and model of vehicle.
"Your drivers license please." I required.
"But it's not that bad." He repeated.
"You hit my car. You may not care, but I do. I assume you have insurance?"
"Yes, I have insurance. Hey what are you doing?" He was looking suspiciously at Jennye.
This is the best part! While I was grilling him, Jennye was taking pictures of the damage!
Love friends with digital cameras!
He was not at all please about my friend with the digital camera.
Oh well, you don't mess with 30+ year old women who have notepads and cameras!
You know, he's right, there wasn't much damage at all.
And I would have just walked away from it without a second thought...if only he had said "I'm sorry."

No comments: