Sunday, January 01, 2006

Hello, 2006, lets be friends, shall we?

I thought long and hard about writing a post today, as I'm not a resolution making kind of gal, and I really wasn't sure what I wanted to express.

After more consideration...I still don't really know!

Let's see....

2005...some of the positive experiences I had seemed sort of dulled by the negative. For instance, while I gained a sweet little cat, and lost the one I loved the most; and several people I never really expected to see again (but missed terribly), returned to my life, but as shattered shadows of themselves.

I guess that's life though, isn't it.

You get with one hand, sometimes, while the other hand has to give.

All in all though, I still feel cheerful and 'okay' the way things are.
I'm learning exactly how strong I really am, and how fiercely independent I have become. It surprises me sometimes, that I am that way, but I think it's okay.

My gambit to become a kinder, gentler Tai still needs some work, but I think I'm improving on that, too.
(Why, just the other day, some one cut me off, and I didn't even honk!)

I've learned that I can't 'fix' everything and everyone, and that sometimes, you just have to stand back and hope for the best.

I've even started a 'savings' plan, and an RRSP thing-a-ma-jig, which is a tremendously huge step for me...I've always been more of a grasshopper than an ant.

As for this year?

I think this year will be about learning and culture.
Yoga, perhaps? Italian lessons? Cooking? History? Writing? Acting classes? Whatever strikes my fancy.
I've already signed up for a monthly discussion series at the library about the writings and works of Carl Jung.

And that's that, I guess.

And here's a cheers to all of you...may your 2006 come out just the way you want it to!

(oh, and I'll work on providing more interesting posts than this one has proven to be!)

6 comments:

nicki said...

i think this post was interesting enough :) its always nice to hear what people have been up to, and what they plan on getting in to :) i hope 2006 for you is great :)

Josh said...

Sounds like you have really good ideas about the upcoming year. As for you being nicer, you seem fine to me. I usually shake my fist at the faulty drivers.

Tai said...

Thanks, all, for your very kind thoughts, and all the best to all of you!

(Liz...I said I didn't honk, I didn't mention anything about fist shaking!)

Anonymous said...

Why go for the whole fist, when just a single finger will do?

(I'm striving for a meaner, nastier Nisha for 2006.... no, not really. Just kidding.)

Happy New Year, Tai!

Spider Girl said...

You may be a grasshopper by nature, but you're the best durn grasshopper I've ever met. :)

Happy New Year!

PS Go for the Italian lessons. We have one more year to practice, darling.

Crystal said...

Definitely go for the cooking thing, everybody loves a person who rocks in the kitchen! I like watching The Food Network and my husband is a VERY talented foodie, but I usually just sit on the sidelines and let him do all our cooking. Well, no more! One of my New Years goals is to cook twice a week, gourmet stuff from my cookbook collection. Maybe I'll make some Italian tomorrow night. ;-)