Monday, January 16, 2006

What I wouldn't do.

This last weekend was one of the finest weekends I have spent in a very long time.

My dearest girlfriends, from the time of insecure pre-teenage hood till now (some 20 years later), came to visit me in my wee apartment.

I had the honour of cooking...but make no mistake, I run a fierce kitchen!

"Nish'! Watch those toasts! Don't let them burn!!!"

"You, over there! 'Pol, chop that garlic...'Vanne, tote that bale!"

Yes, I'm a friend of the strictest kitchen requirements, and it made for a delightful, 'hands-on-everyone-in-the-kitchen-helping' kind of extraordinary meal.

And I adored every single minute!

We ate, and talked and played and complimented each others wonderfulness.

We do this several times a year, the four of us.

Instead of buying each other Christmas and birthday presents, we share our time.
In this day and age of families and jobs and mortgages, time is the most precious and valuable commodity any one of us have.

Oh, it was truly wonderful, and I can't WAIT till next time!

Except for the pre-clean.

I hate cleaning.

Oh, I'll clean.

It'll probably kill me.

But I'll clean.

(man, I must really love you guys!)



*shudder*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She runs a mean kitchen, but she's a fabulous chef, so the slave-driving is WELL WORTH IT. Thanks, Tai, for such a great weekend!

Spider Girl said...

Oh, the food was ALL. SO. GOOD.

I had so much fun this weekend. We are all such witty, sparking conversationalists, and gorgeous too to boot. What great company, if I do say so myself....

And your place shone like a star, my friend. The miracle of a fixed vacuum and all that. :)

Mz.Elle said...

Ohh it sounds wonderful!

Emily Suess said...

Ha! Love the graphic!

Courtney O. said...

Nothing like girl time in the kitchen!!! :)

Phil said...

Hi Tai! Thanks for visiting my blog. Where was my invite for the dinner party?

Pol* said...

I Loved every minute in your fierce kitchen!