Sunday, January 29, 2006

Gleeful pleasures.

Well, I see that Roger over here has tagged me with "Guilty Pleasures."

The problem is, I HAVE no guilty pleasures...all of them are great fun, and I participate in them as often as possible!

1) I LOVE eating out at expensive restaurants. The bigger the price and the smaller the portion, with as many unpronounceable food items on it the better! I'm easy prey for the frou-frou chi-chi French restaurants...but I adore every pretentious minute.

2) Books. Big ones, small ones, old ones new ones...you get the picture. I'm a hard core addict. History books, books on travel, cooking, biographies, manuals, philosophy, quantum physics....I can easily spend an entire day reading one book after another, doing little more than getting up to pour a cup of tea, or butter some toast. Laundry? HA! Dishes? No way. I have books to read!

3) Wine. Red, preferably...but I'm learning to see the gleeful pleasures of whites; give me a little more time and I might even find something nice to say about zinfandels.

4) My bed...I love my bed. I love to lie as long as possible in my bed on the weekend mornings in the soft light setting the sage green walls of my bedroom to glowing.
There's nothing much I'd rather be doing than snuggling in the soft, cream coloured sheets, sprawling side to side across it and generally doing nothing but lounging. I am pleased to say that my little cat enjoys the same with as much delight!

5) Driving. I may have to categorized this as a guilty pleasure, as the prohibitive cost of fuel has certainly made me feel (sort of) bad when I zip about town for no reason except for the thrill of it.

And that's it. That's my list of some of the things I love to do. Completely guilt free!






Okay.

Maybe there is one
little thing.

I sometimes go here .


But lets keep that to ourselves, shall we?

8 comments:

Spider Walk said...

I so agree about the bed pleasure...I love my bed, yes I do!
If I had my way I would live in my bed...hahahahaaa!!!

And your post reminded me that I got tagged to do this very same one last week...I can be such a slacker Ha!

Josh said...

I love almost everything on your list too, except mine is white wine. Oh and I too love go fug yourself. Makes me laugh and feel better about myself all at the same time.

JM said...

I don't know if I do have any guilty pleasures.

OB Juan said...

Gotta comment here:

1) I love a fancy restaraunt with things I can't pronounce and paying a weeks cheque on one meal BUT - they have to have a STEAK that I can fall into a trance when eating.

2) Books - who cares! But if it gets me out of doing dishes....bring it on. And the books I read would classify me as a geek since they are usually something to do with Programming Languages.

3)Wine, and most definitely red! I can get lost in a bottle of red whine - but then there is also that damn Crowne Royal learing at me from the liquor cabinet (FYI: when booze starts leering at you, it is time to stop drinking)

4)Bed. Well, I am not sure what the obsession here is. I am one of those people who gets out of bed as soon as I am awake. Well, unless there is a better reason to stay in it.....

5)Driving. With a few years under my belt as a professional driver, this is something I still love to do. Unfortunately the family mini-van does not perfrom the way I want it to....

Pol* said...

sneaky sneaky!
I love your life.

Mz.Elle said...

Mmmmmm,I love your list:)

CrackerLilo said...

I feel that way about my pleasures--absolutely none are "guilty".

BostonPobble said...

Ah, another person who understands the joy or a good bed and a good book. My friends tease me about my pleasure reading because sometimes it is the latest romance by Nora Roberts and other times it is the latest nonfiction by David McCullough. Love the post!