Saturday, November 05, 2005

Bentley, please please don't go quite yet.




He's in the 'hospital' maybe with a tumour, maybe cancerous, maybe not.
They're still doing tests and I am beside myself.

He's a grand old cat, the nicest, kindest, calmest cat I've ever met.

I've had him 14 and one half years, since he was 8 weeks old.
He was named 'Bentley' because he's got a crooked ('bent', if you will) tail, born with it, in fact.
It's the reason I chose him from all the cats in the litter.
For that little tiny 'flaw', it turned into the finest discovery of all.

We've seen just about everything, him and I.

And I would like to continue to see more of this life with him....

Please, send him your best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am currently sending as many postive thoughts your way, and wishing the best for Bentley... he's the only cat that's ever made me think that, deep down, I could actually be a 'cat person'.

Tai said...

Bentley really made many people rethink their whole, "I don't like cat" philosophy.

He turned active cat haters into, if not into cat lovers, at least into Bentley appreciaters.

As far as cats go?
He was less a cat than a personality.

'Ol Lumpy'...a pushover, a cat who would stand by and let others eat from his food dish, and let mice run around on his belly...he had not a mean bone in his body.

Thanks Nish' that means alot to me.

gordaboo said...

wow, when i looked at the pic it's as if you can see that bentley is an "old soul". its hard to explain but he looks so human. maybe that's why he was such a good and characteristic feline.
my very very positive prayers go out to dear old bent.

Anonymous said...

The love you have for your friendly cat is undeniable and you chose a strong name for an enduring cat. Best Wishes. Meow Meow