Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Avast ye! And walk the plank, too! *





Since my youth, I knew that I wanted to be a pirate.

Really.
All I wanted was to swashbuckle!

But now I know that my desire to don big leather boots and wield a cutlass also has important religious and ecological ramifications too!

So thank you, oh great Flying Spaghetti Monster, and Ms. Bannerman at www.kbannerman.com, for unearthing this extremely elucidating document for me!

Yaaarrrr!!
(And YES, that's EXACTLY how I would have dressed had the job become available!)
But you know, what with the cut backs and lay offs, it's just not feasible these days! Though, truth be told...I still dress like that on occasion.
When the moon is full.
And when the black swell of the sea beckons. The very wind carrying the song of the distant sirens, calling, calling us to our rightful bounty, gold and gold and more GOLD.
They sing out to us over the vast space!
Until the enemy ships fill the horizon, bounding over the waves to block our path, and smell of gunpowder and blood fills the.....

where was I...?

Oh yes...
*click on this 'shiver me timbers' title to take you to one of the most important letters to the Kansas school board to date.

3 comments:

Tai said...

Please ignore that weird 'sales' pitch prior comment.
I only wish I knew how to delete it.
Why, with SWORD AND MUSKET OF COURSE!!

BLAM BLAM SLASH AND PARRY!

oh..it's still there.
Well, back to just ignoring it I guess.

Spider Girl said...

Yarrr! We pirate queens keelhaul salesmen types first and ask product-based questions later!

Pol* said...

I would LOVE to be a Pirate, except for the boat part.... are there land pirates?! Oh ya they are called BANDITS!