Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Oh BOY! Infinitive verbs!

I’ve decided to take up learning Italian as a hobby.
I need a good hobby besides reading, because while reading is fabulous, it’s a passive type of self education.

Instead, I’ll be actively learning something, which will prevent my brain from atrophying and oozing out my ears in a disagreeable manner.

I am amazed that at one point, I actually got REALLY excited about verb usage. (I’m not kidding…honestly, I leapt up and grabbed my workbook to make notes. Yes. I have a workbook.)

Generally, I'm really rather hostile to that kind of thing.

Through school I was the kid that was staring off into space imaging what my pirate ship would look like, and how many long haired cabin boys I would have.
(Hey, it WAS the eighties. Jon Bon Jovi ROCKED! I would have had him on my ship. Not now though, his hair is to short and he's cleaned up his act. Won't do at all. I've heard that Tommy Lee is free though, and as I too, hail from the Comox Valley as does Ms. Anderson, do you think...ew. Never mind.)

The teacher struggled (in vain of course) to get some French past participles lodged in my skull…but I resisted, and in the end, I won the battle.
"Vive le resistance!!"
(ooops, okay, you got one past me Mr. Philips...but rest assured...it will not happen again.)
Uh, rest in peace Mr. Philps, you really did do your best.
It's definately not a reflection of your teaching abilities, merely a statement to my willful ignorance and determined non-bilingulism.
I've changed my ways, really I have!

So, very soon, I expect (through my own expert tutelage) that I shall be completly fluent, and will be blogging away in Italian for all of those in bella Roma who eagerly await the day.

Desidero!!

2 comments:

ə said...

besides Italian men are just so gorgeous! ;)

Tai said...

Si! Si!
Delizioso!