Friday, March 24, 2006

Cliched terms.

Well, this morning as I was driving to work through the heavy low clouds, I could see across a flat plain of farms to a ridge in the distance.

The grey parted and I could see on the horizon, tall buildings.

The only thing I could think was "Great ghostly images of civilization cut through the gloam."

Yawn...boring!

I need to read my thesaurus more, I think.

The problem with cliches is that they are fairly accurate.

"White as snow"

"Strong as an ox"

"Hard as a rock"

What, exactly, is the point of this post?

Nothing.
It's as dry as toasted rice cakes!
As boring as ummm...something really boring!

I gotta go.
I'm making myself as crazy as a loony person!

9 comments:

Valkyrie said...

Here's one for ya. "Right as Rain" You hear that one a lot in Or-e-gun.

Wendy C. said...

How 'bout
"that's as funny as a rubber crutch?"

:-)

Ian Lidster said...

I don't know if "dry as roasted rice cakes" is as yet a cliche, and therefore, Tai, I think you should claim that one as your own. And no, nothing is quite as dry or boring, except maybe a rainy late Sunday afternoon in November. Not only boring but distressing and fraught with emotional peril.

Pat said...

I still think you could get a poem out of it.

K. said...

I love cliches. Use 'em all the time too. :)

Josh said...

I always end up using words like “stuff”. It’s really sad :)

Zambo said...

Hey Tai.

I think we need clichés because they're pretty universal and they stick. They have a ring to them and people can remember them...I also like typing words that have "é"s in them...

That's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess...

Talk to you soon.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

Pol* said...

teehee, you must've been tired when you wrote that one!

Lily said...

Ah...cliches. Yes, they can be annoying, but they always give us something to say. And if you really need some inspiration....

http://www.clichesite.com/index.asp