Monday, February 20, 2006

Thanks Nancy!

mmmm Tuna Tataki!

Like Nancy, I love to eat out.
Fortunately for me, Nancy writes a great 'foody' blog all about the fabulous restaurants to be found in Vancouver.

That girl knows what she's talking about!

After having seen her post several times on the little piece of heaven known as 'Yuji's', I decided to try it for myself.

Even if you don't like raw fish, there are plenty of other dishes to be had...I happen to love sushi and so was treated to some very fresh, fabulous examples.

I had the tuna tataki (thanks for the pic, Nancy!), hamachi sashimi salad (try saying that three times fast!), grilled black cod, toro sushi, unagi, and a VERY delicious spider roll.

I really liked the room, too. The walls were a slate blue, warmed by the rich honey-colored wood wall segments, tables and floor.
It's not a large space, so I think my friend and I were lucky we got in without a reservation, but next time I'll be sure to call ahead.
I would hate to show up and not be able to get a seat!

So thanks Nancy!
Your insightful restaurant reporting lead to a delicious recommendation.
I look forward to reading many more (and even more forward to trying the ones you suggest!)

8 comments:

Deb said...

Oh...my...GAWD! I am so hungry from reading this post and that picture---that picture!!! I am a huge fan of sushi, so looking at that photo was mouth watering.

It's really hard to find a place that makes great 'raw dishes' without it being a sushi bar.

Bon apetit!

Mz.Elle said...

Ooooh that looks good!
I'd love to try that one day...

Spider Girl said...

Surprisingly enough, I LIKE eating raw tuna.

That all looks good, Tai.

And my grandma thought I was a picky eater....

Pol* said...

Can we, can we PLEASE try that place next time I am in town? I do so love raw tuna, Japanese foods are definately in my top 3!!!!!

kimber said...

Japanese food = super yum! I think Pol has a fabulous idea there. Have we ever all gone out for sushi together? Seems like such an oversight, given the nature of Vancouver cuisine, where there's a sushi place on every corner...

Zambo said...

Hi Tai!

Sorry I haven't been around in a while.

(It's getting harder to keep up with Blogs-ville and everything else).

I'll be back soon. I'm at work right now getting mentally violated...for lack of a better description.

Take care out there, Tai!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.
I like sushi too.

tsduff said...

Good thing I already ate my lunch today (ummm, hanjikot smoked Icelandic lamb)or I'd be on my way to my favorite sushi place. That pic looks awesome... I ought to try some new things instead of getting the same old... same old everytime I go. Great post!

K. said...

I love sushi, but it just doesn't agree with my system. Oh well...