Monday, February 27, 2006

Rock on!

My dear friend Spider has written the MOST delightful post about our all-to-brief time as ROCK STARS!

And this is how it happened.

Each day we attended our junior high school we were constantly reminded of our inferiority, our ugliness and our general undesirability.

Every single day we were subject to some form of cruelty, and sometimes on the weekends if we happen to run into our despised enemies after school hours.

So it was an incredibly brave thing we did, signing up for an 'air-band' contest to take place in front our entire school.

Yup, we were going to lip-synch in front of the very people that picked apart every single aspect of our personality, clothing, and behaviour.

We were setting ourselves for total public humiliation.

On purpose!

And you know what?

We stood up there, flung aside our roles as 'nerds' and we totally RAWKED that day.

My cheeks still burn hot with dread and excitement just remembering!

(May I highly recommend you head over to Spider's blog and revel in the eighties?)

6 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

Hee,I'm STILL in the 80's most of the time;p
Spider wrote a wonderful post!

K. said...

Cool! Revenge of the Nerds! :p

:P fuzzbox said...

I'm still luvin' the '80's myself. I went over and left a comment.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

You guys are younger than I am. I still remember the clothes I wore while I did "The Hustle" on stage at a junior high school assembly, and don't even get me started on my late 70s Disco Days, baby! yeah! Stayin' alive, stayin alive!

nicki said...

that was a great post on spiders blog!! yay for you guys!!!

Josh said...

That is soooo cool. I could never have done anything that cool. I tell you what I said to Spider, You guys need to do a reunion tour and tape it for us.

DO IT! DO IT!