Friday, July 06, 2007

Theft 101

Along with everything else going on in my life, I'm moving! Not far (a mere 3 blocks) but into an abode that is charming and old and unique and completely renovated.
Spider Girl took some pictures last weekend, for which I'm grateful, as I took pictures too but I seem to have lost the cord to my camera and so can't post them.

Thus the title.

I'm stealing the pictures she took and posted on her blog and directly applying them to mine. Seems fair, no? Her pics, my house?

And anyway, I served her a bbq'd steak to die for last weekend so it's entirely fair, right!?

(Right?)

The house was built in 1914 and, as of late, was vastly abused by the onslaught of tenants that just didn't give a damn.

The bathroom was demolished (completely unusable I've heard), the rooms had been spray paint 'tagged' and the yard was a catastrophe (still kinda is, but I'm working on that!).

Since we've started moving in, all the neighbours have poked their heads out their doors and cautiously asked, "Are you moving in? How many of you are there?"

The look of relief on their faces is interesting and disturbing all at the same time.

I mean, how bad could it have been?

Well, if the mail is any indication, there have been a multitude of folks coming and going. Ben Fudge, for instance.

He was sent mail to our new house.

And Guangdao Yang too.

Not to mention a whole host of others.

I cordially put "MOVED" on the mail and dump it back in the mailbox.

Hope they get it.

So, anyway.

New house.

Hope the ghosts are friendly!

19 comments:

Crazy Me said...

The house is beautiful. Congrats!! Mine was built in 1920 and has such character. It doesn't have pretty glass though, darn it.

Sugar. said...

Beautiful home (so jealous), congrats guys, can't wait to see it. We're coming down Monday (late afternoon) with our truck...need help moving?

Janice Thomson said...

Congratulations Tai...it looks like there's awesome potential there!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Wow, so many good things happening in your life. I am so glad. The house really has character. Good choice.

Pol* said...

absolutely marvellous! And its nice to have nosy neighbours, keeps your stuff safer.

Fair game on the pics, it is your house after all (and there was a meal involved!)

Big Brother said...

Really nice house Tai, I'm sure that the neighbours are happy to finally have someone stable living there. A nice house like that deserves having someone who'll love the place.

Mz.Elle said...

It's so gorgeous!
I'm sure you'll be very,very happy there!

Hermes said...

You couldn't have found a house with fewer stairs... or a ramp... or an elevator? Congratulations and be ready to put us to work. The daughter is great in the garden.

tsduff said...

Oh that is the cutest house ever! I've been looking at cute houses on the California coast - Mendocino area, and drooling over them. Your house is so beautiful - inside and out! How did you manage it?

BostonPobble said...

How could anyone not give a damn about that house???? It's magnificent! Stupid people... Glad it is finally in the hands of someone who will love and appreciate it. Don't be surprised if the ghosts throw you a Welcome party once they realize how much better things are about to be!

Ian Lidster said...

Love the house. Nice feeling about it. I'm happy for you on all fronts. And we will have that coffee sometime.
Ian

Jo said...

Tai, that house is absolutely delightful. My kinda house...! I think the ghosts are going to be very happy you have moved in there, and they will welcome you with open arms.

Cheers,
Josie

Jazz said...

Wow, I love that house. And I'm sure the neigbors will love having you around for a change.

Scott said...

The new place looks great! You are going to enjoy it for sure.

Jay Noel said...

You read my mind Tai!

You need to get a voice recorder, you might get some EVPs.

Anonymous said...

Did someone use the words 'Tai' and 'stable' in the same sentence? ;)

Tai said...

Jeffye! You're so getting put to work next time you're here.

geewits said...

Wow! I love the details in the house. Good luck with everything. I once lived in a rental and not only received mail for about 10 different people, but one time a sheriff from some nearby county showed up to serve a warrant for one of them.

Anonymous said...

Charming, very charming.