Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Apolitical might be the word I'm looking for.


Until recently, I've been in no way politically inclined. Didn't spend any time thinking about politics, and didn't want to discuss them either.
(That being said, I do occasionally get upset by certain political figures who should be certified and institutionalized...but besides that I mean. *)

So, when my dad handed me a great huge tome on American politics, I was genuinely puzzled. Why was he giving this to me? I don't recall announcing my sudden desire to become knowledgeable in a foreign countries politics!

Well, I'm glad to say that I'm happy he gave me that book.
It turns out that I am very interested in politics and particularly American politics!

James Mann outlines the six major players (Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Armitage, and Condoleezza Rice) who comprise Bush's foreign policy advisers.

Mann reviews their individual lives in thumbnail views, highlighting their political development/ideals and occasionally how they've changed them!

I'm less than half way through, so I can't tell you about the whole thing, but I'm really excited to continue reading it.

So far it appears to be very un-biased and well researched...and darn it all, fascinating!

So. There.

Who knew!

(I suppose it's easier to be interested in them when you don't actually have to live with them!)







*I'll give you a hint.

He was recently quoted as saying "If the Iranians were to have a nuclear weapon they could proliferate."—Washington D.C., March 21, 2006

14 comments:

Dagoth said...

I have to agree with your political views...I tried to defect to canada but they said "being embarrassed by your own government" wasn't grounds for defection...

Crazy Me said...

My one and only "political" book is a George W. paper doll book with tons of different outfits for him to wear. My favorite is the super hero costume!

BostonPobble said...

*whimper* I may pick that one up. Or I may just continue to live under my rock where I can at least pretend I am safe.

Mathieu said...

Yep, that country has lots of political issues.

Oil. Petroleum. It's a big cause of war. Black gold it's called.

In Canada, Harper and his conservatives are a bit scary. I wonder how we'll look back on them in 4 years...

Pol* said...

Politics!?! I took a Political Idealogy course in college (Canadian) and found the ideals of each party and the grounds on which they were founded REALLY FASCINATING. However the reality is so DRASTICALLY different that I am now so disapointed that I only vote for the party I have the most faith in, and whom I know can't win -- GREEN. (Though they really need a seat or 2 to shake up the House a little!) As for our current party in power and our big brothers to the south.... I want that rock that Bostonpobble lives under, is there room for 2?!

Grant said...

What do the Vulcans have to do with American politics? Is Mr. Spock running for president? If so, he's got my vote.

dragonflyfilly said...

hey all: (JIP, alan, tai)yeah, i found this (one of the many gifts from the GreatSpirit) in my cleaning up papers, i have posted it before, on one of my [sub-blogs]- but felt inspired yesterday to re-publish it - and happy to share it with people who appreciate such things!
luv, etc,
pj

p.s. tai - will check back at your blog, but right now i have to meet my daughter at SS (yes, i'm ashamed to say i shop there!)
p.p.s yes [mat] i scared of harper and his gang, too!

Anonymous said...

Canada the American people call for your help. We desire Freedom. Please help save us from our oppressive government! (I have a secret for you, we have WMD's, the border is unguarded, and the military is always far, far away). I had to sign this anonymous, you never know when the SS is listening.

fjl said...

I know wacha mean. You have a cool dad there x

dragonflyfilly said...

yeah, i know what you mean Anon. i think my phone line is being tapped...yikes...how boring for
(?)CESAS(?) lol

adman said...

one question I do have about this whole thing is how does a black (minority) women (treated like minority) end up as a republican?? This must be very confusing to minority women in the US.

Deb said...

I voted for Bush. Yes... I was a repubbie until recently. I am very upset with things that have gone on and the lies and other stuff that had transpired.

I avoid politics at all costs, only because everyone and their mother are lying...(the polititians of course)

Can't trust what any of them say. I just can't anymore.

On a lighter note---enjoy your weekend girl!!!!!!

Dr. Deb said...

The time is now for change.
BIG TIME CHANGE!!

Josh said...

yep, you don't want to have to live with them.