Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Positively positive

Well, I figured something out about myself that I'm sure all my dear friends had figured out long ago...I have a tendency to be...slightly negative and a tad critical, not to mention a wee bit cynical.

Now, as one of my earlier blogs demonstrated, I do occasionally make an effort to be more positive. To wit, I have signed up to receive free daily positive thoughts at www.free-positive-thought.com/affirm/me139FS.shtml (because sometimes I just can't figure out any on my own!)
So far, they are of the new agey variety. But you know, I LIKE be reminded that I'm able to change my world by thinking 'happy' thoughts. It seems innocent and naive I suppose, but I don't care.

I think a little innocence and naivete is okay in small, one minute sound bites.
Besides, there's nothing wrong with having a little sunshine injected into ones life on a daily basis.
In this dim dark existence a little light can do wonders. Like bring into high focus all the ills of this world (oops. See! there I go again. I just can't seem to help myself).

So nevermind that...here's my happy thought for today.
"If you're going through hell...keep going!" ~Winston Churchill

(hey, in retrospect, that doesn't really seem very positive does it?)
NONETHELESS, I am making an effort.
(not like it's going to do any good)
ARGH!

1 comment:

lucidity said...

Instead of *trying* to be positive/optimistic, why don't you just *try* to be yourself. Life isn't about being happy, and walking around with a smile on your face. It's a journey of self-discovery, finding just where and how you fit amongst your surroundings. Life is bleak, since we have emotions and free-will.

Life isn't mundane though. As Frankl once said, "You don't question the meaning of life nor look for it, life looks for you. You must be responsible for Life when it comes" Inferring that you don't go around with a fine-toothed comb, picking through yourself, you let it be - everything'll work out in the end, it always does.

Ah, I tend to analyse and criticise too much. I'm the king of pessimism. Anyways, interesting way of putting life, "dim and dark".

-In search of the meaning of life, Peter