Monday, November 15, 2004

A rant to myself.

....ummmm, okay, here it goes....

On smokers.
I have many things to say about smokers. Having vacillated between being a NON-smoker for almost 5 months now, and being (horrors) a 'smoker' (read in the sneer), I feel required, nay...obligated, to say something.

"Oh, Horrors" indeed.

I can't think of any other singularly devious addiction than smoking.
For instance. Cigarette butts. Strewn EVERYWHERE!
I USED TO STREW THEM EVERYWHERE! What was I thinking!!??!!!
UGH! And I didn't see fit to strew them just where I live, uh uh...no way, I tossed them all over Europe too! (and I offer humble apologies for it...in fact, if anyone wants to pay for me to go back and pick them up, I'd gladly...eh?...you're not going to pay for it? Rats.)

And far beyond the detrius I cast about, what about my LUNGS...and my FRIENDS lungs!!??

Sigh. You see. It's devious. It takes an otherwise intelligent, caring individual (I am referring to myself here) and turns them into a raving, littering thoughtless beast. (still referring to me...)

But I got better!

So that's my rant on smoking. I offer sincere condolences and multitudes of thanks to my friends and family members who managed to see me through the cloud of smoke I walked around in.

(p.s. November 24 is my 5 month mark. Yay me!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You not smoking...

Me .... :)