Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just another day in Victoria, BC.

Gargoyles...not just in Paris anymore! This fellow was frowning down from an old bank building.



The view from the inner harbour in Victoria. This is the view from very near the famous "Empress Hotel".



The view from the Malahat. This is from the very top of the Malahat...driven to travel from Victoria to places north on Vancouver Island. In this case, it was for me to get to Nanaimo to visit my darling friends!



Oh look! Me fixing my car!



Ah, Darth Fiddler. Every city needs one.



A Dragon in silhouette.



And tonight...Weird AL!!
I'm so excited. Hope he does "White and Nerdy". I'm thinking about making that my personal theme song!

20 comments:

Hermes said...

Enjoy! Weird Al will solve all of your car troubles, I'm sure. Be ready for a whole lotta polka!

Jo said...

I love Victoria. You never know what you're going to find there. I love Craigdarroch Castle. How many cities have their own castle?

Sparky said...

Yeah. It's pretty around here.

Jazz said...

Nice place Victoria...

I want a Darth Fiddler.

Janice Thomson said...

Gosh seeing these photos makes me miss Victoria once again...I love that city.

Sugar. said...

Great pics tai!! I love that city, I miss living there...maybe again some day...Hope you had fun at Weird Al!

kimber said...

I bet Darth Fiddler and Wierd Al would get along...

Have fun! Polka 'til your feet bleed!

Sherry said...

Weird Al's 'Germs' is my theme song.

Pol* said...

Pretty pics, and the sexiest mechanic I have ever seen! Let us know how Weird Al goes..... I am green with envy here ont he other side of the Malahat.

Spider Girl said...

Gotta love Weird Al.

And I sometimes think his "White & Nerdy" is speaking out to me directly--I mean, even the Earl Grey tea bit. :)

Cipriano said...

I have stayed in that hotel, The Empress.
Beautiful!

Cipriano said...

...And drank myself silly in the Charles Dickens pub, after staggering across whatever street it is, from The Sticky Wicket.....

Crazy Me said...

Looooooooove the Darth fiddler.

geewits said...

Nice pictures! I LOVE "White and Nerdy." I could watch the video every day. Have fun! (Darth Fiddler?)

Mz.Elle said...

Oh I'm jealous! Hope you had FUN!

Jocelyn said...

Darth Fiddler? Bwaahahahahah.

I love Victoria. Even the air is crisper there.

david santos said...

Hello, TAI!
Very nice work. Nices fhotos. Thank you.
Have a good weekend

Heather said...

Oh there you go again, making me homesick....you do that so often!

Dagoth said...

Hi Tai

Thanks for the most beautiful views of your fair city... uh... er... and the darth fiddler one too...

tsduff said...

I love Weird Al because he plays a mean accordian! (he's much better than I :))

Can't wait to see Victoria - one day... sigh. I've so close - but no cigar!