Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Blog blog blog!

1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog’s content and look?
I don't mind the look at all; simple and unadorned. As for the blog content? Well, sure! I write as I feel, and sometimes I don't and I don't have a single 'topic' I feel obligated to continue to revisit so I have a lot of freedom.

2) Does your family know about your blog?
Yup, but neither of my parents have a computer. Once in a while I'll show my mom. I think it amazes her that all you wonderful people from all over the world stop by.
She's particularly fascinated by the fact that everyone seems to like to say 'hi' to her via the blog.

3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
No way! I love that I can share all of this with my friends. On the other hand, I don't share it with my co-workers. (They all think I'm right looney as it is!)

4) Did blogging cause positive changes in your thoughts? This is a rather oddly phrased question. Maybe it did. I prefer funny, warm blogs rather then negative angry ones (though those can be a laugh riot!) so MAYBE it's directed my thoughts more towards the positive?


5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself?
I LOVE comments (who doesn't!) and often bookmark my new 'friends' pages after exploring their blogs from their comments. Also, I like doing random jumping about...I've found some great blogs by doing that.


6) What does a visitor counter mean to you? Do you like having one on your blog? I like having a counter, but I'm not a slave to it. What I REALLY like is just seeing all the different parts of the world show up. That really entertains me.


7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
Sometimes but not generally. It's always nice to have a face to go with the blog, but it's entirely understandable that someone would be reluctant to post it.


8) Admit it. Do you think there is any real benefit in blogging? Sure there are benefits. My writing (I think!) has improved dramatically since I started blogging (it's been what...almost 2 years?) and the connection with other like mind people is a definite gain.


9) Do you think that blogger’s society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events? I sometimes purposefully seek out external activity so that I can blog about it (is that counter-productive?) so I'd have to say that the fact so many people are blogging and 'reaching' out to others is not isolated at all.


10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing? I don't know...I haven't been criticized about anything...that or I just didn't notice it.


11) Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them? Fear them? Um..no.


12) Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
I didn't even know it happened.


13) What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?


This, too, is an odd question.

14) What song do you like to hear? What song would you like to link to on your blog?
I like to hear many songs...I don't want any songs linked to my blog, thank you very much.

So. There you have it.
Blogging as seen by me.

If you want to run off with these, feel free.
I took it from Ian who got it from Moof.

Have fun!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, honest answers. Can't say I run the same type of blog, but yours is great to visit and probably doesn't produce low-flying black helicopters.

Take care!

Mathieu said...

I like your blog. I have been reading it for a long while.

keep it up, sword-girl.

Pol* said...

yes, Ifeel the same as you, only without wordly visitors.

Zambo said...

Hey Tai.

I hope all is well these days!

Interesting Blogger Survey...Some of those questions were a bit odd...But that didn't throw you.

Take care out there, Tai!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

Ian Lidster said...

Your comments are just like your blog (among my absolute favorites), which is, of course, very much like you are in real life. Yes, your honesty is superlative, and so is your ongoing imagination and your fascination with all the minutiae of life.

Your friend,
Ian

Heidi said...

::::Waiving Hi to Tai's MOM :)

Dinah said...

Great answers, I'm totally stealing this (with credit).

And hi to your mom!

BostonPobble said...

Expect to see this over at mine before too much longer. And thanks!

Grant said...

What? You don't like angry bloggers any more? That makes me angry (er). A voodou curse on you, woman. :p

Ironically, you post how happy you are with blogging just when Google is having an RSS feed problem.

David Amulet said...

A very nice set of answers, good insight into your blog-ness.

And say hi to mom for me!

-- david

Tim Rice said...

This almost felt like a newspaper reporter at work collecting information for an article. :)