Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Last night, I died.

Yes, it's true.

I was engaged on a mission to take over a ship from the enemy, and in my state of high stress, I shot and killed a compatriot.

As I looked on in horror, he fell to the ground, and I saw one of my other team members turn and shot at me.
I realized it was the proper punishment for taking another's life, so I stood, one hand in the air, the other clutching my machine gun, and waited for the bullet.

It entered my eye and ended my life.

I was a ghost over the sea for a few moments before I awoke in a cold sweat.

I've heard that dreams about your own death are actually signs of imminent renewal in your waking life, so I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

I don't think any of my team members here at work actually know how to shoot a gun anyway.

Besides, they're more prone to stab me in the back.

No comments: