Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'll have some revulsion with my martini.

Saturday afternoon, after hours of walking around and being productive, I decided to sit and have a beer and relax with a friend of mine at the local watering hole.

We had a clear view of the bar and looked on with interest as the following took place (we could also very hear very clearly, as well.)

You see, a waitress came to pick up two martinis for some customers and noticed something in one of them.

"Hold on." The bartender looked closer.
He then picked up a straw and performed a minor surgery on the drink by suctioning up whatever 'it' was using the straw and his forefinger and depositing it on the counter.

"Ew. What is that!?" The waitress peered down closely.

"Is it still alive?" Bartender queried after the health of what I believe must have been a fly.
"Oh, well" he decided quickly, "It won't kill 'em."

And with that, the waitress whisked the drinks off to the unsuspecting patrons. *

The bartender looked up and saw us staring at him in disbelief.
"You didn't see anything."

Uh...


*I always suspected things like that happened, but I really didn't expect it to be so BLATANT!
I mean, shouldn't the removing of flies from a customers drink be masked by a sleight of hand trick or a little subterfuge or something?
At least go into the kitchen to remove the body, geez!!!

No comments: