Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Revisiting Weird.

My friend Ian from 'Or So I Thought' tagged me with a list to do.

Those of you have read my blog for a while know that I did a blog dedicated to the fact that I'm NOT weird.

Well.

I'm re-thinking that.

So here's something weird.

1) My family had no phone while I was a child/teenager. How is it possible that I survived, you may be asking yourself. Sheer luck. Mind, that wasn't exactly something that I did that was/is strange. But it sure explains a lot of things about me, now doesn't it!

Here's two things that are weird about me (though I prefer 'quirky') and they both pertain to my car.

2) I have both a mini-disco ball AND a skull and crossbones air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror.



Here is the pictorial evidence:

I can explain the skull and crossbones. I can't explain the disco ball.








3) I have a menagerie of small rubber animals also in my car. This study in wildlife (picture shown) includes 3 tiger cubs (1 is missing from the picture at this time due to the fact that I had it on my person and was carrying it around. Because I am 7.) a bat and a lizard. And there used to be a playmobile vampire in there too. Oh. And a very small rock.





Okay. So I'm half way there.

Uh.

4) I can eat the same thing for breakfast for weeks, nay, months without tiring of it. Recently it 's been an English muffin with a scrape of peanut butter and a banana. And a cup of tea. Of course.

5) I like transformers. Because I am still 7. Again, I have pictorial evidence of a mangled transformer that I bought for myself and then failed to correctly 'transform'. Please say hello to 'Snarl' the two headed, pigeon toed autobot.
Don't laugh. He's sensitive.

AND! At last!
6) whew! I didn't think I'd make it this far. But I have to tell you, I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.
How bout this.
I've met many very famous people over the years and I don't have a single autograph to show for it.
I won't ask for one.
In fact, I generally introduce myself and ask them their name. Just to see what kind of reaction I'll get.
Interestingly, none of them ever rolled their eyes and asked me what rock I just emerged from under.
And that's my list. I'm tagging Spider Girl, Kimber and Pol. If they include their friendship with me as one of their 'weird' things, I'd be flattered. (I think.)

22 comments:

E. Rivera said...

Fun list! Love that you carry one of your rubber animals around. (Hm. That sounded inadvertently dirty.)
Hey, thanks for watching my clip!

geewits said...

You are correct about not being weird. Only one of them was weird to me: eating the same thing every day. I would think I had died and gone to hell if I had to eat the same thing every day. I don't even like to eat the same BITE twice in a row, which is why I do not care for pizza.

I named the dog I keep in my car "Sparky."

gordaboo said...

That doesn't sound sooo bad. I know I think I'm weird but I like to just think that they're things handed down to me by my family. Things like: can't iron at night, silverware always gets put away last in the dishwater, only wear new pajamas when going on a trip...stuff like that. The list is long and mighty.

Eric said...

Naw, you're not that weird. I, for instance, have done three of these lists. Top that!

Scott said...

I don't do the autograph thing either... just not my bag. You must be excited about the Transformer movie coming up.

kimber said...

I shall rise to your challenge, Tai! Go-go-gadget weirdness!

Dagoth said...

Hi Tai

I see absolutely nothing here that qualifies for weirdness...for someone who is 7...except maybe the disco ball...and just what would a skull -n- crossbones car freshener smell like? naw, I really don't want to know...

Mz.Elle said...

I do the breakfast thing too!
Mine is a slice of dry toast and a banana.

Pol* said...

You forgot the beloved, red-eyed and tattered Papa Smurf that rode the hood of your car to the chanting of Gregorian Monks and met the untimely fate of being eaten by a BAD dog...
And that you aren't fond of chocolate.

Mathieu said...

Nice car radio.

:)

Anonymous said...

You aren't that weird. Is that good or bad news for you?

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Well, I feel a little better knowing that you are just a bit weird--still not so much! LOL!

That's a great, fun list! :)

adman said...

I think the solution is in the disco ball...work out why you have the disco ball, and you will work out the solution to your weirdness

luvwannabefree25 said...

I am part of that 7 year old club... never want to grow up.. and I have a lot of transformers too.. ugh!

JD ;)

wes said...

lol, I had the same disco ball in my car for years, but it was lost in the transfer of cars at some point. I loved Transformers growing up, I wish I still had them, especially the one that turned into a stereo, he was my favorite. To compensate, I have a couple t-shirts and the Transformers movie on DVD. As for the same thing for breakfast, I have had the exact same thing for breakfast going on a decade, not even exaggerating. :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

.....and you did't even have to mention the sword on your head! Congrats!

Ian Lidster said...

I agree with you about the autograph thing. In the fall I was standing in a long queue at Heathrow and realized that the woman in front of me was one of my favorite English actresses, and had been for a long time. I immediately wanted to give her a hug. I did no such thing. I didn't feel I had any right to encroach on her space. I knew her, but she didn't know me.

Your friend,
Ian

Dan said...

I can eat the same thing for breakfast for weeks, nay, months without tiring of it.

Me too! But then, all of a sudden one day I'm sick of it and won't eat it for a long time ... I move on to the next thing that I'll then eat for weeks.

Dinah said...

I love the disco ball. And all of the other things! The thing that most stuck with me was the phone one.

Jo said...

Tai, as a teenager how did you live without a telephone? Now that is weird....:-) A teenager without a telephone.

Josie

Phil said...

I love the pics of your stuff! Yes, I'm still alive.

OB Juan said...

This explains SOOOOOO much.....