Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blog lazy. And Flying Spaghetti Monsters.

Well, it's not really laziness. I just don't have anything of import to say. The flowers are blooming (though it remains cold), my car is waiting to be fixed from the last insult, work is work.

I'm looking at hiring someone to mow the yard as I don't own a lawnmower nor do I plan to purchase one anytime soon.
Truth be told, I don't mind mowing the lawn, but one day down the road I'll be moving into an apartment or suite, and then what will I do with a mower?
It seems to make more sense to hire someone who owns one in the meantime. And besides, I rather like the idea of having a 'gardener'.

I've been thinking about religion lately.
It's enough to say that I'm not religious and I'm finding myself less and less able to tolerate religious ideals dictating world policy. And they do.
Pat Condell really lets loose on this topic, and I find myself nodding and agreeing as he speaks his mind. I don't know his background or his education level, but I find that he puts very succinctly (and more than a little cynically) my general thoughts on the subject.

Any of his YouTube posts are great, there's something to offend every religious belief equally.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pol* said...

Good to see a fresh post Tai!
hmmmm.... I don't feel like typing, I think I will CALL instead!

geewits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
geewits said...

Why will you be moving into an apartment? The house is so cute!

Unknown said...

I think that religions, especially fundamentalist, can be easily offended. Thankfully, God can’t.

Grant said...

Houses suck! I've had two because I was always taught that's what I'm supposed to want. I'm terrible with home repair (usually doing more damage in the process) and I hate mowing the lawn. I've been much happier since getting an apartment.

And down with the zombie jebus too - or at least his worshippers.

kimber said...

Ah, the great flying spaghetti monster... I think I may call you soon, because this post reflects a recent conversation with Shawn, and I'm eager to hear your opinions.

Ian Lidster said...

Religion is for those who are afraid of Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Jo said...

Relgion should never have anything to do with world policy. Morals, however, should have everything to do with world policy. But often religion and morals are worlds apart.

Jeff said...

I can mow and I could use the extra dough.

Hermes said...

I too have been thinking about religion lately. As Juno begins asking us about heaven, about death and about god (her friends are free to tell her all they know)I wonder how to answer her questions in a way that will let her make her own decisions one day instead of acting as I've unintentionally programmed her. I think you should post about what you're thinking in more detail. I'd be interested in reading your thoughts.

Jazz said...

That is one cool spaghetti monster. It even has balls!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!