Thursday, December 09, 2004

I also blow my nose at her.

It was an innocent enough mistake. There was a discussion in the office about what books we were reading.

I erred. I mentioned a book on quantum physics.
Then, from across the room rang, "You are SUCH a nerd." with just the right amount of snide criticism aimed to deliver a pointed and painful blow.
But then, before I retaliated with, "At least I'm not a V.C. ANDREWS DRONE!!!" I caught myself short and thought...I AM a nerd.

I mean, "I AM A NERD!" I just remembered that in this world of indentifing tags, that's mine.
So there!
I love knowing strange things about lycanthropy, and being able to use the word impecunious (which I am) in a sentence.
And so what? What's wrong with that?

I'll you tell where the problems lies...it's that an adult co worker feels the need to point that out as if it's a deformity, really, she probably wouldn't shout out, "OH MY GOD, LOOK AT YOUR HAIR LIP!!!" (I hope anyway, it's hard to say after her little display.)
Tsk tsk tsk.
I should have come back with, "YOU ARE A FEEBLE MINDED GRADE FOUR TYPE PERSON WHO SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED OUT IN THE REAL WORLD."

But I didn't.
Instead, like the good nerd I am, I turned the other cheek and muttered that her father was an 'ampster.

Not to mention her mother!

No comments: