Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's all about MEME!

Two names you go by ~ Tai and Laurie. Tai (pronounced 'TAY') has been my name since I was about 12. It's really lucky when you get to pick your own name and it sticks.
Laurie is my other name.
Tai might be considered my alter ego. It's always Tai who gets the speeding tickets and in trouble with 'the man'.
Laurie's the one who goes to work everyday and brings home the bacon. Looking closely at this arrangement, one would suspect Laurie would get tired of having to pay for all those speeding tickets. But there ARE benefits. Tai gets free trips, new cars and adventures that could never happen to anyone else, and naturally, Laurie gets to go along for the ride.

Two things you are wearing right now ~ Two pairs of socks. One pair black, the other, white. It is VERY cold in my house.

Two things you would want (or have) in a relationship ~ Free trips. New cars. I'm kidding. Mischief and laughter.

Two of your favorite things to do ~ Reading and dining out. They go remarkably well together.

Two things you want very badly at the moment ~ An open ended plane ticket and enough money to travel in style. It's not too much to ask!

Two pets you had/have ~ Bentley. My gorgeous old gentleman cat. I still miss him. And Wen. Pol and I decided to have pet mice, so we each got one. Wen, and Doubt. But Doubt was a bit vicious and liked to bite, so we traded her in for Mousameeque (my own spelling...I wonder if Pol spelled her name the same way!).

Two people you think will fill this out ~ Who ever would like too! Mostly everyone already has done this...I'm so behind.

Two things that you did last night ~ Went for dinner with a friend of mine and ate oysters, both raw AND cooked and read a travel book.

Two things you ate today ~ Bacon. (The bacon Laurie brings home!) And a fruit muffin for breakfast.

Two things you’re doing tomorrow ~ ooooh, I'm going to WORK! And then I'm going to do my volunteer shift at the local crisis centre.

Two longest car rides ~ From Courtenay to Lake Tahoe in a truck. I would climb through tiny window to get to the back of the truck at 80 mph just to feel the Nevada sunshine on my face. Now THAT was fun. And from Banff, Alberta back to Courtenay.

Two favorite holidays ~ Halloween and...and...I guess I don't really get a kick out of holidays, but I sure do like the time off!

Two favorite beverages ~ Wine. Red AND white.

Two people no longer alive who you’d like to talk to ~ Well, I'd like to talk to my Grandmother again. We got along very well, but we never really 'talked'. She was very 'old school' and I don't think she thought an 18 year old kid was really set for conversation. I'd also like to talk with Richard Feynman. He was a quantum physicist and Noble prize winner. His books are so filled with life and laughter it seems to me that he would be a truly amazing person to sit and speak too.
In a strip club.
Drinking pop.
'Cus that's what he liked to do.
*The pictures are from Spider, Pol, Jeff (our personal photographer and Spider's dear husband) and my trip to Italy last year. The first and last picture are from the Cinque Terre and the mask in the centre I found in Venice.
In the first picture, I ordered to much food. The last picture is the 3 of us hiking the Cinque Terre trail between villages.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand; my best wishes my friend.

Jocelyn said...

And so which persona is it who parks the car that gets crushed by a tree? Tai or Laurie?

Love the photos and the answers!

Jo said...

Jocelyn asked the question I wanted to ask. Whose car got crushed by a tree, Tai or Laurie?

My longest car ride was from Calgary to Victoria. Omigoodness. That's a long way, isn't it?

Tai said...

Definately Tai. Then Laurie gets to clean up the mess.
:)

geewits said...

I hope you went to Lake Tahoe when the weather was nice. I thought it was gorgeous. I went with my Dad in the early 90's. He hired a limo to drive us all around the lake and we got very lucky with the driver. He was an old cool dude that knew everything, pointing out Frank Sinatra's old houses and that type of thing. I love the Italy pictures. Do they have a whole set on Flickr?

Jazz said...

I'm with you on the beverages...

Sugar. said...

Oi! Long drives... (shiver) We just came back from one. Great meme, and great pics! So, did you manage to eat all the food you ordered?

Mz.Elle said...

I love that there are two of you!

Funny you should mention Richard Feynman. I've just taken an interest in quantum physics and
his name keeps popping up!

BBC said...

You live in Victoria? You should meet Cher, she lives there also, seems like a pretty cool lady to me.

My longest car ride was from Washington to Arizona to Florida, and back again. Shucks, when I was young I also hitchhiked across the country two times.

But I've also had an 18 wheeler in 48 states and a good share of Canada.

Take care neighbor, if you happen to come to Port Angeles let me know and we can have coffee in town.

kimber said...

Great pictures! I love that first one!

Crazy Me said...

I wish I had an altar ego. I'll have to work on that ... hmmmmm

Spider Girl said...

The other day I mentioned you in conversation to Jeff but I referred to you as Laurie.

And he was like, who?

"You know,LAURIE", I replied. "My best friend who you've known for almost twenty years?"

"Oh yeah", he said. "Tai."

Yup. It's a nickname that sticks to you. Besides, Tai is a better name for a Fearless Leader.

jmb said...

Can I come with you when you talk to Feynman? I thought his books were so entertaining. Well not his science ones obviously.

My son, a theoretical physicist at the time,now an accountant, took a graduate physics course for which the tiny textbook and the whole syllabus was a series of half dozen lectures given by Feynman. A brilliant man but full of life and fun.

Ian Lidster said...

I find Laurie and Tai to be equally pretty, witty, and fun to be with. That's my bias.

Fascinatingly done. Nice to find out a bit more about you. But, sorry dear, I don't do raw oysters. On the other hand, my favorite way to have oysters is to throw them, in the shell into a beach fire, wait for them to sizzle and pop open, and have a nice supply of butter and tabasco at hand. Heavenly.

Baba Doodlius said...

Interesting. So few people come up with Richard Feynman on the dead-people-you'd-like-to-talk-to question. Actually, too few people even know who he is.

Phil said...

I love reading other people'
s memes, but I can't do one seriously about myself.

BostonPobble said...

Oh dear...for over a year now, I've been thinking of you as "Thai" not "Tay." My gears just stripped. However it's pronounced though, it fits better than Laurie. ;)

Big Brother said...

Both of you are in for an award... come see

Anonymous said...

I hear what your saying...

and I miss you greatly...

Have a great night...

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=ukythkK4EPQ

Unknown said...

I truly enjoyed the distinction you made between Tai and Laurie.

Scott said...

And here I thought it was pronounced TIE all this time. Cool.