Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Fasting is OFF

As I suspected, I made it to dinner then I broke down.

But oddly enough, I didn't eat everything in my fridge as I feared, instead, I had a sensible meal of a tender, moist chicken breast, some lightly steamed broccoli and a yam (slightly undercooked, but with enough butter, salt and pepper anything tastes good!)

And of course, being clever, I made enough for two so I would have a delicious and nutritious lunch and not have to spend oodles on fast food joints that flourish here like cockroaches at a cheap... no, I already used that analogy. hmmmm

Like bedbugs in Manitoba government housing project.
There, not only is that a good visual analogy, it's also relevant to Canadian news. (sad but true.)

Bedbugs.
I thought they were only stuff of childhood legend. I suppose they must truly exist.
The thought is cool and gross all at the same time.
I mean, I know about the miniscule bugs that live in your eyelashes and chew on the flaking detritus of your flesh, and the mites that inhabit your clothing, and I can live with that without to much angst.
But real live bedbugs?
~shiver~

No comments: